Since March 2022, a process of political dialogue has been initiated in our country between the government, the significant political parties as well as civil society. Despite limited progress in relation to all the requests formulated in favor of the resolution of the important and urgent problems of the nation for the benefit of a deep reconciliation, the PDCI-RDA continues to be part of a spirit of frank dialogue for promote reassuring progress towards lasting peace in our country.
One of the major axes of the consolidation of the issue of reconciliation so dear
The question of good local administrative governance constitutes, among other things, one of the major axes of the consolidation of the problem of reconciliation so dear to our compatriots in all their diversity throughout our territory. Regarding the important issues of good administrative governance and democracy in Côte d’Ivoire, we remember that Mr. Mangoua Jacques, duly elected on October 13, 2018, took office on December 19, 2018 as President of the new Council Regional of Gbêkê.
The new President of the Gbêkê Regional Council, has committed an audit of the finances of the said institution, after having obtained the agreement of the Treasury authorities
Noting notorious anomalies in the accounts of the Institution of which he had just taken charge, the new President of the Regional Council of Gbêkê, committed an audit of the finances of the said institution, after having obtained the agreement of the authorities of the Treasury. . To the great surprise of all, and in incredible conditions, the very day before the publication of the results of this audit, Mr. Mangoua Jacques, was arrested and unjustly accused of possession, in his residence of N’Guessankro, of ammunition including 40 unsharpened machetes, 49 shotgun ammunition and 950 pistol ammunition.
The unfortunate result of this crude orchestration, fabricated from scratch by the enemies of democracy and good governance in our country, is known to all:
• Arrest and imprisonment of the President of the Gbêkê Regional Council on October 3, 2019 for a period of 6 months;
• Appointment of the first vice-president pursuant to 65 and 158 of LAW n° 2012-1128 of December 13, 2012 which stipulate that:
1) ARTICLE 65: In the event of suspension or temporary absence of the executive authority of the local authority, he is temporarily replaced by the first Vice-President or the First Deputy Mayor depending on the type of local authority. In this case, the replacement is only responsible for the settlement of current business;
2) ARTICLE 158: In the event of a vacancy in the position of Chairman of the Board noted by the supervisory authority referred to by the Board, for whatever reason, the chairmanship falls by right to one of the Vice-Chairmen according to the order of precedence.
In the situation of Mr. Mangoua Jacques, the Court of Appeal of Bouaké has emptied its referral since Tuesday, March 30, 2021
• Difficulties in the functioning of the Council after the appointment of a vice-president with the strong expression of the majority of councilors for the return to business of the elected President; a letter was sent, by the collective of Regional Councilors of Gbêkê, to the Prefect of the department of Bouaké on April 28, 2021 to this effect;
• Unilateral decision to place the Gbêkê Regional Council under direct State administration (Decree No. 2022-24 of January 12, 2022) contrary to the desire for conciliation of almost all the councilors and vice-presidents, including the Acting President; Article 42 invoked, of LAW n° 2012-1128 of December 13, 2012, cannot therefore be applicable in the situation of the Gbêkê Regional Council.
In addition, the power that has been introduced with the Court of Cassation suspends the execution of the judgment of the Court of Appeal in accordance with Article 105 of the Code of Criminal Procedure
In the situation of Mr. Mangoua Jacques, the Court of Appeal of Bouaké has emptied its referral since Tuesday, March 30, 2021 by reversing the decision of the Court. In addition, the power that was introduced with the Court of Cassation suspends the execution of the judgment of the Court of Appeal in accordance with article 105 of the code of criminal procedure which stipulates that “during the time limits for the appeal of the Court of Cassation, the execution of the judgment subject of the appeal is suspended, except with regard to civil judgments”.
Also, the Court of Cassation, which sat on July 29, 2021, quashed and annulled the decisions of the Court of Appeal. She sent the case back to a court in Bouaké to retry the case. In view of all the above, the situation of the Gbêkê Regional Council is probably of a particular political nature.
It therefore appears important, for the PDCI-RDA, in the context of restoring confidence between the government and all the political actors, including more particularly the PDCI-RDA, that an agreement be reached with the personal involvement of the President of the Republic. for :
• Cancel the decree placing the GBÊKÊ Regional Council under direct State administration;
•Reinstate Mr. Mangoua Jacques as President of the GBÊKÊ Regional Council;
These strong acts would thus contribute to reinforcing the appeasement of the socio-political situation to give a positive image of administrative governance and democracy in our country.
Done in Abidjan, June 09, 2022
Mr. BREDOUMY SOUMAILA TRAORE