Yesterday’s Summer Game Fest audience couldn’t complain about boredom. The event was full of announcements, but without a doubt the whole show was taken away by the presentation of the third (second) installment of Goat Simulator.
Coffee Stain has unexpectedly presented the third (second) installment of its successful goat simulator. The developers of this… rather unique game referenced the 2014 Dead Island announcement in a very funny trailer. Below you can see and compare both trailers.
Of course, this is purely a marketing move, but the trailer featured at Summer Game Fest was clearly parodying the memorable Dead Island trailer. It all starts out so similar that at first my fellow editors and I were convinced we were looking at another installment of a sandbox horror game (which is in the works). At this point, it’s worth emphasizing that we weren’t disappointed by how things turned out, because the fun was great.
Story and gameplay
Goat Simulator 3 is a sequel to the 2014 game, which was created as a joke. However, the game’s popularity was anything but a joke, selling millions of copies worldwide. This time, the new adventures of a fighting goat named Pilgor will be waiting for the fans. Coffee Stain Studios will take you to the island of San Angora, a place that hides many secrets, and good old Pilgor will once again cause chaos..
The developers emphasize that the title is being developed from scratch keeping in mind the current generation of hardware and it is supposed to offer everything we expect from next-generation productions: goats, goats wearing caps and goats riding goats wearing caps.
Goat Simulator 3 Main Features
Let’s give developers a voice for a moment. In the official press release you can find the following description of the game content:
- goats – You can be a goat! Specifically the so-called Pilgor. But you can also transform into other “goats”: tall goats, tasty goats, angry goats… All the goats you’d expect and more!
- multiplayer – Your friends can also turn into goats! Goat Simulator 3 has a four-player cooperative mode, both local and online. They can travel the world together, cause mayhem in co-op and compete in 7 fun mini-games, and then stop being friends.
- Explore – The large open world of Goat Simulator 3 offers a lot to discover: secrets, quests, items to collect, and the developers have really gone to the trouble of adding an ending this time. Move with your four hooves, ride on your butt or buckle up because goats can drive!
- chaos and reactions – Wreak havoc by licking, headbutting, smashing, and exploding everything around you, leaving no NPC alone. He plays with the four elements (fire, electricity, oil, and alien ooze), tests the limits of physics, and interacts with suspicious objects for…amazing results.
- personalization – Players can fully customize their goats: heads, backs, legs, body, horns, and fur with over 300 items to choose from, from toilet paper rolls to tea trays…and real clothes, if they wish. Some pieces of equipment will change the style of the game, giving you new abilities, and everything will change your sense of style.
It must be admitted that the creators of the adventures of the friendly but ferocious Pilgor have a great sense of humor.
Premiere and platforms
goat simulator 3 Launching this fall on PC, PS5, and Xbox X/S. Stay tuned for the release on the Epic Games Store.
Goat Simulator 3 in the works; Developers Parody Dead Island – Video Games