In ‘To know and to win’ we love knowledge and in our questions there is room for all kinds of content. Today in ‘The hot question’ we have referred to some awards that not only recognize advances in science and other areas, but also make laugh. In fact, that is the premise that candidates must meet to collect the ig nobelthe parody American of the Nobel Prizes. Have you ever heard of them?
History of the Ig Nobels
The first Ig Nobels were awarded in 1991 with the will of reward to discoveries “that could not, or should not, be reproduced”, all always in tone very humorous. On the one hand, five categories of the Nobel (literature, physics, chemistry, peace and physiology/medicine) and others such as biology, engineering or public health were also added. It should be said that many of them are critics that hide behind the gesture of recognition, although the most of them tend to be focused towards the funny. That is the case of the prize ig nobel to the discovery that the presence of humans tends to sexually arouse ostriches.
Ig Nobel 2022
On September 15, 2022, the the 32nd awards ceremony ig nobel which, moreover, was broadcast over the internet. The awards were the following:
- Engineering: Gen Matsuzaki, Kazuo Ohuchi, Masaru Uehara, Yoshiyuki Ueno, and Goro Imura, for studying the most efficient way to to turn the knobs.
- Physical: Frank Fish, Zhi-Ming Yuan, Minglu Chen, Laibing Jia, Chunyan Ji, and Atilla Incecik, for studying how ducklings and the goslings achieve to swim in row.
- biology: Solimary García-Hernández and Glauco Machado, for studying the point at which the constipation affect the prospects of mating of the scorpions.
- applied cardiology: Awarded to Eliska Prochazkova, Elio Sjak-Shie, Friederike Behrens, Daniel Lindh, and Mariska Kret for demonstrating that when couples lovers meet for the first time, their rhythms cardiac they are synchronized with each other.
- Literature: Eric Martinez, Francis Mollica, and Edward Gibson for discussing why legal documents are unnecessarily difficult to understand.
- Peace: Junhui Wu, Szabolcs Számadó, Pat Barclay, Bianca Beersma, Terence Dores Cruz, Sergio Lo Iacono, Annika Nieper, Kim Peters, Wojtek Przepiorka, Leo Tiokhin and Paul Van Lange for creating a algorithm that allows the gossip decide when to lie and when to be honest.
- Medicine: Marcin Jasinski, Martyna Maciejewska, Anna Brodziak, Michal Górka, Kamila Skwierawska, Wieslaw Jedrzejczak, Agnieszka Tomaszewska, Grzegorz Basak, and Emilian Snarski, for demonstrating that when cancer patients undergo certain cancer treatments chemotherapy aggressive, side effects decrease when one of the components of the therapy is replaced by frozen.
- safety engineering: Magnus Gens, for creating a test dummy to evaluate the crashes against moose.
- History of art: Peter de Smet and Nicholas Hellmuth, for studying the scenes of ritual enemas in ancient sculptures of civilization Maya.
- Economy: Alessandro Pluchino, Alessio Emanuele Biondo, and Andrea Rapisarda, for explaining mathematically why, usually, the success does not arrive at people most talented, but to the most lucky.