Juan Luis Galiacho, director of The Digital Closure, talks about his new book –of which the producer Pedro Pérez is also the author– ‘Encarna en carne viva’ for Balearic television. Almost thirty years after the death of the greatest communicator of all time, two of her closest collaborators break their silence for the first time to counteract the endless insinuations lacking the least bit of truthfulness to which Encarna was subjected. .
Director of elcierredigital.com, John Louis Galiachopresents this Wednesday in Radio Television Balearic Islands Spain his new book ‘Incarnate in Living Flesh’. The journalist and writer is the author of this work together with the radio producer of the communicator Pedro Perez Hernandez. The book, edited by La Esfera de los Libros, addresses and counteracts the insinuations to which the deceased announcer was subjected almost 30 years ago.
Juan Luis Galiacho reveals in an interview with Pedro Prieto in the Balearic program ‘Hostias como panes’ some of the details of this work on the life and journalistic work of Encarna Sánchez.
‘Incarnate in living flesh’
who forced Encarna Sanchez to leave Spain? Why was his friendship with Rocío Jurado broken? How did he win over the people and the Catalan bourgeoisie? What is the truth about the theft of 43 million pesetas from his house in La Moraleja? And what is the reason why he did not leave a will? It was Isabel Pantoja the most important person in your life?
Almost thirty years after the death of the greatest communicator of all time, two of her closest collaborators break their silence for the first time to counteract the endless insinuations lacking the slightest informative veracity to which Encarna was subjected. “We believe that the moment of truth has arrived. To uncover a character that is undoubtedly unknown by public opinion and society. We decided to put black on white his successes and failures, his successes and failures, his happiness and bitterness, his professional relationships and loving. From the most relevant to the most unknown”.
Juan Luis Galiacho, director of The Digital Closure.
In this book, Pedro Pérez and Juan Luis Galiacho tell what has never been known about a life that far exceeded fiction: his childhood, his illness, his last days, his friends and enemies, his properties, his inheritance… And they do , at the same time, the fast-paced chronicle of an exciting political, social and media time in our country.
Twenty-six of the death of Encarna Sánchez
On April 5, 1996, the voice of the journalist Paloma Gomez-Borrero announced, from the microphones of the COPEthe death of one of the most characteristic voices of this station and of all Spanish radio: Encarna Sanchez. After a quarter of a century of her death, the personality of the great announcer continues to generate controversy. The successes achieved in her profession thanks to her peculiar style, the enemies that she left behind, the mysteries surrounding her heritage and her supposed and real love stories, make her follow being a character she talks about. Peter Perezwho was his producer for years, talks with elcierredigital.com about the announcer.
– Why is Encarna still being talked about 25 years after her death?
– She was unique. In the professional section, she was from head to toe. There is no woman who has achieved what she has in the world of radio. Among other things, she invented applied investigative-social journalism on radio.
– It seems that the negative survives more.
Some television stations have insisted on highlighting their private life more than their professional merit. The listener she had knows what she did.
– Sometimes, she is remembered as a fierce person.
– He was a radio animal. It was a beast. Encarna was not looking for her enemies. In a world of men, she only defended herself from the criticism she received. She never used the radio to mess with anyone.
– To what extent did your sexual condition mark you?
– She never mixed the professional topic with the topic of her private life. She differentiated it very well. She was a complete professional.
Isabel Pantoja and Encarna Sanchez.
– His public perception changed when Isabel Pantoja entered his life. Was the arrival of the artist in her life negative?
– Each one is related to the friendships that he/she believes opportune. Life takes you along specific paths and Isabel is a character who has given much to talk about. They were two people of legal age and each one could do what she wanted.
– Why did the parody of Tuesday and Thirteen bother Encarna so much?
– That was a real blunder. They should never have used public television for that. Encarna kicked them out as a kind of sentence. She said that just as they reached their peak with the empanadilla, the parody with Isabel was going to be her downfall. And she was right, because shortly after they separated. I insist, it was his mistake and the one who approved it within the chain.
– Some women from the entertainment world say that Encarna was fierce if they told her no. Recently Massiel did it on television.
– I do not know. I imagine that people also have to eat every day. They saw that Encarna’s name is a business. I have seen many who did not know her talking about her on television.
– Why has Encarna’s inheritance generated so much controversy?
– I do not know. There was a will and an heiress. The televisions have to look for morbidity.
– Man, it is still striking that someone very sick does not make a new will and that everything bequeaths to a friend from the past.
-If she didn’t want to do it… She knew well who she was leaving it to.
– There has been talk that Encarna was almost kidnapped in her last days. Carmen Jara has once said that she had to impose herself to be allowed in.
– Both Carmen Jara and her family entered when they wanted. Encarna had a service of some women who were in front and at no time were they prohibited from entering. The best example is that, according to Carmen Jara, it was she who took Encarna’s hand and closed her eyes.
– What role did Nuria Abad play in Encarna’s life?
– He was a trustworthy person. She had been a close friend of hers since her time in Barcelona and Encarna wanted to have her close to her. I don’t understand why those decisions should be questioned.
– What relationship did Encarna have with political power?
– It was an informer’s relationship, a journalist’s. She always looked for the best for her program. Like Garcia or Luis del Olmo. She was a top in her work and it was logical that she had a relationship with public office.
– It is surprising that a woman who so vehemently denounced corruption later became a friend and defender of Jesús Gil.
– She wasn’t the only one who had it. She had a house in Marbella and there was a relationship at the national level.
– What is your greatest contribution to the world of radio?
– He advertised in his own voice and there were people who didn’t like it. That led to television and she was criticized. Now they all do. She was an innovator.
– Why did it fail on television?
– I think that television did not want Encarna. She was a race journalist for the radio. TV has to love you. It was a field that she wanted to explore but she, she realized that it wasn’t her thing and she left it. She always said: ‘If I don’t promote myself, if I don’t advertise myself, who is going to recognize my merits?’ She was a star woman.