She is the protagonist of the new Netflix docu-series that has been making headlines for weeks and which will debut tomorrow 21 September on the streaming platform’s catalog. We are talking about Wanna Marchi, known to all for being the most famous TV seller in Italy, a woman with an enormous talent for sales who, however, has crossed the fine line of morality becoming one of the most remembered scammers in our country. But before watching the Netflix series where she, at 80 and with years in prison behind her, tells herself outspokenly, let’s try to brush up a little in our memory the fundamental stages of the life and career of Marchi to get ready to the vision of Wanna.
The main stages in the life and career of Wanna Marchi
- Wanna Marchi was born on 2 September 1942 in Castel Guelfo in the province of Bologna
- She began working as a beautician at a very young age and at the age of 18 she married Raimondo Nobile, father of her two children, Maurizio (1961) and Stefania (1964). The marriage will end in the late 1960s
- Her passion for cameras and cosmetics (and the desire to become someone even if born from a poor family) led her to approach the world of telesales and at the end of the 1970s she began to get noticed with slimming products such as the belly melter.
- In 1983 she has a show of her own, the Wanna Marchi Show on Rete A which she leads with her sons Maurizio and Stefania and becomes famous for her sales talent and her iconic scream “Okay?”.
- In 1989 he also recorded a song entitled “D’ordo” and recorded as “Wanna Marchi & The Pommodores”
- in 1990 Wanna Marchi is also a minor actress in the parody I promessi sposi, with the comic trio Lopez, Marchesini, Solenghi, where she plays a woman who sells products to cure the plague. In 1998 she recites she also recites in God is there, alongside Riccardo Rossi, Chiara Noschese and Roberto Benvenuti
- In 1990 Wanna was arrested and then sentenced to 1 year and 11 months of imprisonment for complicity in fraudulent bankruptcy for the bankruptcy of the company “Wanna Marchi” with which she sold cosmetic products.
- After the sciglipancia products that had made her very rich and despite the bankruptcy, Wanna decides she wants to sell her fortune and opens a new company in 1996, the Ascié where she begins a phase of her life with the collaboration with a Brazilian boy, the so-called Maestro di Vita Do Nascimento who begins to read the cards on TV and give the lottery numbers to viewers. Here is the turning point in Wanna’s life and career
- Wanna and her daughter Stefania Nobile, together with Maestro Do Nascimento, start scamming their clients with promises of luck and threats
- On November 27, 2001 Striscia la Notizia makes a scoop by discovering his scam on live TV and here his decline begins
- On January 24, 2002, Wanna Marchi and her daughter Stefania Nobile are arrested
- In 2006 the Brands were sentenced in the first instance for criminal association aimed at aggravated fraud for 10 years and the compensation of the victims (over 2 million euros)
- On March 27, 2008 there is the sentence of the Court of Appeal where the sentence is reduced to 9 years and 6 months for Wanna Marchi and 9 years 4 months and 9 days for Stefania Nobile. The two were arrested on 4 June of the same year in Milan.
- On March 4, 2009, the Supreme Court definitively confirmed the sentences
- On 8 October 2011, Wanna Marchi obtained the semi-liberty regime and in September 2015, Marchi finished serving her sentence